Active engagement and collaboration with the payments industry is key to EMVCo’s proven model for creating, evolving and promoting globally adopted specifications that support innovation and address marketplace needs.
Through the EMVCo Associates and Subscriber Programmes, merchants, issuers, acquirers, payment networks, financial institutions, manufacturers, technology providers and testing laboratories contribute their knowledge and expertise to the development of EMV Specifications.
Ways to participate in the specification development process include:
- Business and Technical Special Interest Meetings (SIMs) when new specifications are being developed or major updates are being considered.
- Request for comments enabling EMVCo Associates to review proposals, and a Disposition of Comments being published to summarise the responses.
- The release of all EMV Specifications during their development for public consultation.
- Voting by the EMVCo Board of Advisors to approve the release of new/ or major updates to EMV Specifications.
- EMVCo Queries, whereby an Associate, Subscriber or member of the public may ask a question or provide a comment or other input related to an EMV Specification or draft specification.
Regional and global technical bodies, and industry associations, collaborate with EMVCo to work to align industry requirements and initiatives that improve security and payment experiences worldwide. These include APSCA, European Payments Council, ECSG, FIDO Alliance, GlobalPlatform, GSMA, IATA, ISO, NFC Forum, PCI Security Standards Council, Nexo Standards, Secure Technology Alliance, US Payments Forum, and W3C.
 EMVCo Advisors are EMVCo Associates who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to EMV deployment and interoperability. To learn more visit Ways to Participate on the EMVCo website.