Last Updated: April 4, 2011
Welcome to EMVCo.
- Terms of Sale; SubscriptionsExcept as otherwise stated on the Site, all sales transactions on the Site are governed by EMVCo's Terms of Sale. Registration for and use of EMVCo's subscription service are governed by EMVCo's Subscription Agreement.
- Acceptable UseAs a condition of using the Site, you agree not to do any of the following:a. use the Site in violation of applicable law or in a manner that facilitates or furthers the violation of applicable law;b. use the Site in a way that harms EMVCo or EMVCo's members, affiliates or vendors, or other users of the Site;c. use any portion of the Site as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages (such as "spam");d. use or access, or attempt to use or access, any EMVCo subscription service account that is not yours;
e. damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site (or the network(s) connected to the Site) or otherwise interfere with anyone's use and enjoyment of the Site;
f. attempt to reverse-engineer or otherwise discover or recreate any part of the Site (including any code, technology or methodology used in connection with the Site);
g. except as otherwise may be authorized by EMVCo in a separate document, resell or redistribute the Site or any part of the Site, or otherwise use the Site for any purpose other than your own internal business use;
h. use the Site (including any Site Materials) other than for its intended purpose.
EMVCo, EMV, the EMV® logos and certification marks and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the Site are trademarks of EMVCo and its licensors and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of EMVCo or the applicable trademark holder. Use of any EMVCo trademarks is subject to the trademark license agreement(s) you may have with EMVCo and your compliance with any applicable EMVCo trademark usage guidelines. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing "EMVCo," "EMV" or any other name, trademark or product or service name of EMVCo without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark or trade dress of EMVCo and its licensors and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any product vendors, laboratories, auditors, test tools, products, services, processes or other information, whether by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise, does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by EMVCo.
- Framing and Hyperlinks
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any EMVCo trademark, logo or other Site Materials, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page on the Site, without EMVCo's written consent.EMVCo makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third-party Web sites accessible by hyperlink from the Site or of Web sites linking to the Site. Such sites are not under the control of EMVCo and EMVCo is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. EMVCo provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by EMVCo of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave the Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site.
- SubmissionsYou agree that any idea, method, concept, invention, suggestion, design, technology, information, process, formula, software, technique, drawings, data, know how, or other item or material which is provided by you (including your Organization or any other employee or representative of your Organization) to EMVCo regarding the Site, Site Materials (including without limitation any EMV® Specifications (defined below)), other documents and materials of EMVCo, any EMVCo-related technologies and approval processes, or other offerings of EMVCo or its affiliates (collectively, "EMVCo Materials") in the form of email or through a web form on the Site ("Submissions") are non-confidential. You agree to grant, and hereby grant, to EMVCo a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and irrevocable license to all intellectual property and proprietary rights in any Submissions to (a) make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, and import integrated circuit cards, terminals, applications, test tools, systems, services and other items that practice, in whole or in part, the EMV® Specifications, and (b) use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform or display, and otherwise fully exploit any Submissions and any intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Further, you agree to waive and forego asserting any moral rights you may have in the Submissions. By submitting a Submission to EMVCo, you represent and warrant that you have authority to provide such Submission to EMVCo and grant the rights to the Submission granted herein, and that doing so does not and will not constitute the infringement or misappropriation of the trade secrets or other confidential information of your Organization or any third party. You agree to execute such documents and otherwise provide such reasonable assistance, and to cause your affiliates to execute and provide such assistance, as is necessary to give full force and effect to this paragraph. As used herein, "EMV® Specifications" means any and all existing and future specifications developed or issued by or on behalf of EMVCo, all technical bulletins to such specifications, and any related requirements documents, process documents, guidelines, and related materials. EMV® Specifications are included in the definition of Site Materials.
- Disclosure and Use of Information about Site UsersAlthough it is not EMVCo's preference to provide governmental authorities with access to information about Site users, you acknowledge that EMVCo may be required to do so from time to time. As such, you authorize EMVCo to deliver or furnish any information about your use of the Site and such other information in connection with your use of the Site, to such governmental authorities as may order or demand the same, with or without notice to you.
- IndemnificationYou will defend and indemnify EMVCo, its affiliates, independent contractors and service providers, and each of their respective members, directors, officers, employees and agents ("EMVCo Parties"), from and against all claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to your use of, or inability to use, the Site or Site Materials.
- Disclaimers THE SITE AND ALL SITE MATERIALS (INCLUDING THE EMV® SPECIFICATIONS) ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. EMVCO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS TO THE SITE AND SITE MATERIALS.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE EMVCO PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS), WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SITE MATERIALS), EVEN IF AN EMVCO PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EMVCO PARTIES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR SITE MATERIALS (INCLUDING THE EMV® SPECIFICATIONS) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID, IF ANY, FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE DURING THE YEAR BEFORE THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE.
- Export Laws; Use by U.S. GovernmentThe Site Materials, including technical data, may be subject to U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations, and may be subject to export or import laws and regulations in other countries. You agree to comply strictly with all such laws and regulations and acknowledge that you have the responsibility to obtain any licenses or other approvals, if applicable, to export, re-export, or import the Site Materials. The Site Materials may not be downloaded, or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into, or to a national or resident of, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any other country subject to a U.S. embargo; (ii) to any person or entity on the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control's list of Specially Designated Nationals, or the U.S. Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security's Denied Parties, Unverified or Entity Lists; or (iii) for any purpose prohibited by U.S. export control laws (e.g., nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons or missile technology).Use, duplication or disclosure by the United States government is subject to the restrictions as set forth in the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software Clauses in DFARS 252.227-7013(c) (1) (ii) and FAR 52.227-19(a) through (d) as applicable.
- Termination; Modification of Site MaterialsEMVCo reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site or any Site Materials or features on the Site, and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the Site. In addition, EMVCo reserves the right to change, cancel or delete any and all Site Materials, services and features provided as part of the Site at any time, with or without notice to you.
- Questions If you have any questions about EMVCo or the Site, please contact us by submitting a Public Comment (for non-subscribers) at Contact Us or a Query (for subscribers) at Submit a Query.