The registration fee charged by EMVCo is intended to cover the administrative expense incurred by EMVCo in managing the Kernel ID registration process. This process includes, but is not limited to:
- Review of registration and applicant criteria
- Updates to the Kernel ID registration process
- Maintenance of Kernel ID database
- Publication of the current Kernel ID database
The following registration fee shall be paid to EMVCo by the Kernel ID applicant:
- $10,000 (Ten Thousand USD) for reviewing the application and issuing the Kernel ID.
An annual renewal fee will apply for each issued Kernel ID:
- $2,500 (Twenty-Five Hundred USD) for renewal per annum; effective one year from the registration date.
The fee is non refundable except in limited circumstances. See EMVCo Kernel ID Registration Agreement for details. See EMVCo Kernel ID Registration Agreement for details.