EMVCo is recruiting for the role of Manager of Technology. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and self-driven payments industry technologies enthusiast to contribute to a globally influential technical organisation which is shaping the future of payments.
EMVCo has expanded beyond a traditional remit of chip payments and as a result the organisation needs increased support to optimise its technical work, support associated operations and expanded communication of a complex, diverse, and matrix-managed organisation.
The successful candidate will work with the EMVCo Director of Technology. They will be responsible for working with EMVCo members, proposing and implementing enhancements to EMVCo’s technical processes and procedures, and will work closely with EMVCo technical groups, communication and engagement directors, as well as global payments industry stakeholders.
This is a virtual position: the successful candidate will work from home, as part of a remote, international team. Candidates will have demonstrated success in improving technical activities, preferably within the payments industry or a member-driven industry association. Candidates are also required to be fluent in written and spoken English.
The position may require the selected candidate to travel globally to attend meetings and events (living in a location near to an international travel hub is therefore recommended) and there is also a consideration for working with colleagues across international time zones.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Oversight of EMV Chip contact and contactless technical groups, with the support of DoT:
- Participate in technical working groups or processes (new specifications, new documents, testing processes, evaluation processes, etc).
- Follow progress of EMVCo technical groups by building and maintaining a delivery plan.
- Oversight of queries received from the broader payment industry.
- Collaborate with the wider EMVCo team to optimise internal processes for technical delivery and support.
- Support EMVCo Advisors, Technical and User meetings: agenda and content preparation, delivery as needed. This includes technical engagements and non-technical engagements such as roadmap-related discussions, dedicated discussions, and special interest meetings.
- Support liaisons with other technical standards organisations.
The ideal candidate for the EMVCo Manager of Technology role should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a technology-oriented role
- Knowledge in the payments industry, and experience in chip technology
- Strong project management skills and collaboration tools
- Autonomous and fast learner
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Understanding of technologies and their business impacts
- Flexible with working hours to provide international support
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Technical degree
- Experience working in the payments industry and knowledge of EMV Specifications
- Experience working in an international business context with diverse cultures
- Experience working in a member-driven, consensus-based organisation
- Knowledge of payment testing and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of payment security requirements and evaluation processes
How to Apply:
Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Please customize your cover letter to explain how your professional experience is the right fit for this role: we give primary consideration to those applicants who customize their cover letter and resume to demonstrate how their professional history is a fit for our unique industry. Please also include salary expectations, any additional information you would like us to know, and any questions that you have.
By submitting an application, you consent to EMVCo sharing your application materials and related personal information with EMVCo member organisations and EMVCo’s resourcing partners providing services to EMVCo, in order to evaluate your application and potentially engage you for this role. You may withdraw your consent at any time but if you do so, it may no longer be possible to consider your application.
EMVCo is an equal opportunity entity. Contracting and staffing decisions are made without regard to race, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, political affiliation, marital status, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable laws.
EMVCo is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.